I’ve done my fair share of travel and wanted to take this opportunity to share my basic Travel Essentials.
Firstly, the travel bag that you will be using is extremely important. I personally prefer a backpack style of bag because I want to be completely hands free so I am currently enjoying the Prada Vela Backpack.
Details of this backpack:
- Nylon backpack.
- Silvertone hardware.
- Looped top handle.
- Adjustable shoulder straps.
- Buckled flap covers drawstring top.
- Prada enamel triangle logo.
- Exterior front zip pocket.
- Inside, jacquard lining and zip pocket.
- 14 1/2″H x 14″W x 6″D. (Medium)
- Bag weighs 15oz.
- Made in Italy.
Given this is nylon, this makes the bag really lightweight and easy to clean.
Secondly, you need to ensure you have your passport when travelling abroad. I always like to keep my passport in a passport holder and keep all my travel documents together.
Details of this Louis Vuitton passport holder:
- 10 x 14 x 1 cm (Length x height x width )
- Damier canvas with grained calf leather lining
- Open passport compartment
- Compartments for cards and papers
Third, I strongly recommend a wallet has multiple compartments so that you can separate the currency of the country you’re going to and your own home country. You would be surprised at how important having cash with you is especially when you land to take a cab or to grab a bite to eat.
Details of this Louis Vuitton Zippy Wallet:
- 19 x 10 x 2 cm (Length x height x width )
- 12 credit card slots
- 1 zipped coin pocket
- 1 open compartment for banknotes
- 2 inside patch pockets
- 3 large gusseted compartments
- Zip closure
- Coated canvas outside
- Grained cowhide leather lining
- Shiny golden color metallic pieces
Fourthly, I like to pack my makeup and skincare in my makeup bag so that everything is easily accessible.
Details of this Prada Cosmetic Bag:
- Zip top closure.
- Signature triangle logo plate.
- Interior, jacquard lining; one zip pocket.
- 5″H x 7.8″W x 3.5″D; weighs 4.5 oz.
- Made in Italy.
This is a very easy to clean makeup bag which makes it my go to when I travel. I like to pack the essentials including:
- Facial Mist
- Lip Balm
- Hand cream
- Eye cream
- Hand sanitizer
- A few sheet masks
Testers or tester size products are recommended because you have to be cognizant of what size you are allowed to carry on to the plane.
Fifthly, I love to always have an over sized pair of sunglasses.
Details of this pair of Dior sunglasses:
- Dior “Lady 1” oversized cat-eye sunglasses.
- Acetate frames.
- Square lenses.
- Logo at temples.
- Cannage quilted arms with interior contrast.
- 100% UVA/UVB protection.
- Made in Italy
If you’re able to sleep, that’s great but if you weren’t able to and you need something to hide the bags or dark circles, sunglasses are a must.
Sixthly, a light scarf to stay warm.
Details of this Burberry scarf:
- Burberry sheer mega check scarf in voile.
- Ample size can be styled myriad ways.
- Approx. 79″L x 35″W (200 x 90cm).
- Modal/cashmere/mulberry silk.
- Made in Italy.
Seventhly, a light sweater to stay warm.
This particular cardigan is from Theory and is just referred to as the V-neck style made of white merino wool. Any light cardigan will do so long as it is light weight and you can pack it up in your bag without it taking too much room. I strongly recommend something that you don’t have to put over your head, hence the reason why a button up cardigan is preferred as it is easier to put and take off. Remember, dress in layers.
Eighthly, sticking to the theme of staying warm. I like to pack an extra pair of socks and I prefer the ones from Bath & Body Works.
Details of these socks:
- Infused with Shea butter to pamper your feet
- Non-skid grips on the bottom
- Nice and cozy
Ninthly, all your entertainment and major necessities including your phone, chargers, USB cables, camera and extra battery. When you’re waiting to board just have a few minutes, these will come in extremely handy.
Hope everyone found this article helpful. Let me know what items you always pack when you travel.
Until next time!